Daniel C. Ethridge, aka fuzzfur, is a fine artist working in oil, wood, ceramics, stained glass, and augmented reality. Born and raised in Meridian, Mississippi, he has worked in the graphic design industry for 25 years and currently works as Graphic Design Instructor at Meridian Community College. Daniel recently exhibited works in the Meridian Museum of Art Bi-state art Competition and exhibition and a solo art show at Meridian Community College entitled “Interactives.” Daniel notably designed the Jimmie Rodgers and David Ruffin murals located in downtown Meridian, Mississippi. Daniel is a working artist currently preparing for future shows and commissions.
- 1982 Fell out of a moving car after falling asleep in the backseat on Front Street in Meridian, Mississippi. Knocked unconscious and hospitalized, bandaged, and took several weeks to recover.
- 1986 At age 12 Keith, (brother) died in a car crash, after being struck by a drunk driver.
- 1993 At age 18, Judy (mom) suddenly died of Lupus.
- 1995 He traveled to England with the Meridian Community College Theater group and performed “Crimes of the Heart” as Barnett Lloyd.
- 2001 At age 23 George (father) died of Kidney Cancer.
- 2009 Began working with the Mississippi Tourism office. A job that allowed him to meet and work with two Governors and several famous Mississippians such as Morgan Freeman, B.B. King, Marty Stuart, and Sela Ward and learn more about the Mississippi Arts Commission.
- 2010 Group Show at Belhaven Community Center, where he first met Charlie Busler and Rachel Misner.
- 2014 Began working at Meridian Community College as Graphic Design Instructor.
- 2016 Started making pottery and working in stained glass
- 2018/7/ 27 Attended the George Rodrigue exhibit at the George Ohr Museum in Biloxi, Mississippi.
- 2021/12/7 Attended the Black and White Gala at the Meridian Museum of Art. His painting Sunset on West Egg was sold as part of the Museum fundraiser event.
- 2022/5/6 Painting day with local students on the JA light boxes and sidewalks mural project featured on WTOK tv news.
- 2022/5/15 NAS hanger dedication featuring mural honoring Ensign Jessie L. Brown featured on WTOK tv news.
- 2022/5/25 Jimmie Rodgers Mural Project featured on WTOK tv news.
- 2022/6/1 Jimmie Rodgers Mural project featured on Twin States News.
- 2022/6/17 Radio interview with Meridian Art Museum Collective at WMOX 1010am.
- 2022/6/26 Attended the Mississippi Comicon in Jackson, Mississippi, where he met Christina Ricci.
- 2022/6/30 75ft Jimmie Rodgers Mural is unveiled in downtown Meridian, Mississippi.
- 2022/9/24 48th Annual Bi-State Art Competition at the Meridian Museum of Art. Two of his paintings were exhibited. Asleep in the Cheerios and Brother God Saves the World.
- 2022/11/4 Solo Show at the MCC Davidson Fine Arts Gallery
Driven by Art
As an artist, you sometimes get in art machine mode. It’s the place that gives you energy, it pushes you beyond your comfort zone. You begin to develop your language and style that is all you. This is the space I where I create my best work.